Lukenya Tree Planting: 3rd & 4th December
MCK has received 25 tree seedlings and may get more, to plant in Lukenya at the campsite, Nemesis parking and Picnic tree. We’ll plant them on 3rd and 4th December – come and join us! Bring tools that you have for yourself and others – spade, jembe, panga or whatever you have, and at least 20L water. A 1 metre rule will be useful and sticks for fencing the seedlings if you have anything at hand. We will be at the campsite by 9am on Saturday, so find us there with all your energy to dig holes and plant trees!
Quiz Night: 7th December
MCK Member Andrew Gremley has generously offered to be our Quiz Master for our upcoming Quiz Night on Wednesday 7th December.
Venue: TBC [we are confirming & will advise soon!]
Time: 7pm with the aim of starting the quiz by 7.30pm
- If you already have a team (Max 4 people) – one person can sign up for all
- If you don’t have a team, you can sign up individually and participate solo / be placed in a team
We look forward to seeing you there! Bring your thinking caps and an appetite for a fun night!
Christmas Hamper Donations
We are raising money to give out the below Christmas hampers for costing 3000/= each, to 7 people at Lukenya who are generally involved in helping members & visitors to Lukenya (namely Sebastian and the guards). Total Goal = KES 21,000
We are requesting climbers who frequent Lukenya and wish to share a token of appreciation, to send through your donations to:
MCK paybill – 880926
ACC no – Xmas
The hamper will include:
6kg Maize meal
2kg Green grams
1kg cooking fat
4kg home baking flour or 2kg uji
3pcs bar soap
Any donations over and above what is needed will be counted toward Mt Kenya Trust.
You can now renew your MCK membership from the beginning of Dec. Please follow the below instructions:
1) Login to the website here: https://www.mck.or.ke/iump-login/ If you forgot your password, you can request a new one. If you don’t have an account on the website, you’ll need to create one
2) Go to this page and click on the membership option you want (ONCE please): https://www.mck.or.ke/iump-subscription-plan/
3) Transfer the required amount (4000 by MPESA for individual membership or 6,400 for family membership).
4) That’s it. Just wait for the approval of your renewal, it might take a couple of weeks.