Monday, June 20, 2011 at 2:22PM
Whether you just want to get out of Nairobi for a couple of days hiking and climbing or whether you
plan a longer trek to explore Kenya’s peaks which are further a field, here are some handy tips to
help ensure that your trip goes smoothly.
Prepare a brief description of The Trip: the Destination, Route, Severity and Duration.
If you are not sure where to go or how long it might take to get there? The Club has a list and
description of previous MCK trips. These can be found in the filling cabinet.
If you have planned the trip in advance you can advertise the trip in the newsletter and put it on the
club calendar. Alternatively, if you have a last minute urge to go somewhere that same week, simply
mention it at the MCK club house on the Tuesday night and see who is interested to join you.
The group briefing should take place the Tuesday night before the trip.
- Destination, Route, Severity and Duration
- Accommodation, food and water requirements
- Transport: Agree on the maximum and minimum number of cars or people for the trip and
- allocate lifts. Agree meeting point, and time.
If the trip is to a restricted area or requires guides or guards, the appropriate authorities should be
contacted before leaving Nairobi.
4. On the Trip
During the trip the group organiser is responsible for:
- keeping the group informed; departure times, route, rest stops, destination etc.
- meeting the appropriate local authorities to agree the rates for camping and organising
- guides or guards.
- collecting daily fees for non-members
- arranging a short write up for the news letter on the success of the trip and the memorable moments
Remember, organisers can share these responsibilities with other group members on the trip !
If you have never lead a meet before, and would like a hand getting organised please do not
hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or any of the Committee members.